Тема урока: “Famous people” (Знаменитые люди)
Цель урока: Формирование навыков письменной речи.
1. Учебные: тренировать в чтении, аудировании и устной речи. Научить писать статью об известном человеке.
2. Развивающие: развивать навыки чтения, устной речи, аудирования. Развивать внимание, воображение, логику. Развивать способность к функционально – адекватному сочетанию лексических единиц и логическому изложению.
3. Познавательная: Познакомить с биографиями Артура Конан Дойла и Жуля Верна.
4. Воспитательная: Воспитывать уважительное отношение к другой культуре.
Ожидаемые результаты урока: расширение объема знаний по теме;
развитие самостоятельного мышления; повышение мотивации к изучению
Формы работы: индивидуальная, фронтальная.
Формируемые УУД: коммуникативные, регулятивные, познавательные.
Оборудование: Компьютер, экран, аудиозапись, раздаточный материал.
I. Организационный момент.
(1.Мотивирование (самоопределение) к учебной деятельности)
T: Good morning, boys and girls! I am glad to see you. Today we shall read, speak as usual. We shall also write. What about? You`ll tell me yourselves a bit later.
II. Фонетическая зарядка. (2 слайд)
T: Read the words. Then make up word combinations.
(Key: Daniel Defoe; desert island; Robinson Crusoe; famous writer ; main character; real adventure; become popular; make pots.)
III. Речевая зарядка. (3слайд)
T: Look at the portraits of famous people and agree or disagree with me.
- Number 1 is Daniel Defoe. (I disagree with you. He is Charlie Chaplin.)
- Charlie Chaplin is famous for his films. (I agree with you. Charlie
Chaplin is famous for his films.)
- Number 2 is Mark Twain. (I agree with you. He is Mark Twain.)
- Mark Twain is famous for his songs. (I disagree with you. He is famous
for his books.)
- Number 3 is Daniel Defoe. (I disagree with you. He is Winston Churchill.)
- Winston Churchill was a famous writer. (I disagree with you. He was a famous politician.)
- Number 4 is John Tolkien. (I disagree with you. He is Daniel Defoe)
- Daniel Defoe wrote some books about Sherlock Homes. (I disagree with you.
Daniel Defoe wrote a book about Robinson Crusoe.)
- Number 5 is Margaret Thatcher. (I agree with you. She is Margaret Thatcher.)
- She was a famous politician. (I agree with you. She was a famous politician.)
- Number 6 is John Lennon. (I disagree with you. Не is John Tolkien.)
- John Tolkien wrote “The Lord of rings”. (I agree with you. Не wrote “The Lord of rings”)
IV. Актуализация навыков чтения. (4 слайд)
(2. Актуализация знаний и фиксация затруднений в деятельности)
T: We have already read about some famous people. Today we’ll read about another famous person. Look at the screen. (3 слайд) Whose portrait is it? (Arthur Conan Doyle.) Whom shall we read about? (About Arthur Conan Doyle.)
Снятие языковых трудностей(5 слайд)
T: Look at the screen. Here you can see some new words. Say them after me:
poor health – плохое здоровье, talented – талантливый,
earn – зарабатывать, knighthood – Рыцарство, medicine – медицина,
keen – увлечённый, interested in – интересоваться, ghosts –призраки.
T: What do you see? (A text.) (6 - 1слайд)
T: What kind of text is it? (An article)
T: I want you to read the article and put the paragraphs into the correct order.
T: Check tour answer. (6 -2 слайд)
(Answer key: B1, D2, A3, C4)
(3. Выявление места и причины затруднения)
T: What is the article about? (About the life of Conan Doyle.)
T: This piece of writing is a biography. Such pieces of writing can be found in an
encyclopedia, a magazine and a newspaper. Have we written biographies before? (No)
(4. Построение выхода из затруднений. «Открытие» детьми нового знания)
T: What are we going to write? (A biography.)
T: Open your exercises and write down the topic of the lesson. (7 слайд)
(Writing a biography of a famous person).
(5.Реализация построенного проекта)
T: Look at the biography and match the paragraphs to the headings. (8 слайд)
early years - ( Paragraph 2)
person's name , famous for – (Paragraph 1)
date of death, comments – ( Paragraph 4)
later years – ( Paragraph 3)
T: Answer the questions:
1 Which tense does the writer use? Why? (Past simple, because Sir Arthur Conan Doyle is no longer alive.)
2 In which order does the writer talk about the events in Doyle's life?( Doyle's early years, then his later years.)
(6.Первичное закрепление во внешней речи.)
T: Answer the questions about Conan Doyle:
Where and when was he born? What stories did Doyle write?
How did he learn at school? What did he study after school?
What was he interested in? When did he die?
V. Обучение написанию статьи.
(7. Самостоятельная работа с самопроверкой по эталону.)
T: Let’s make up a plan of the biography. What information does the writer include in the first/last paragraphs? (9 слайд)
(First paragraph - full name of the author and what he is famous for. Last paragraph - date of death and age at time of death, final comments, achievements.) Write down the plan.
VI. Активизация навыков аудирования и устной речи.
(8. Включение в систему знаний и повторение.)
T: Read some facts about Jules Gabriel Verne. (10 слайд)
T: Now listen to the interview and choose the correct word. (11 слайд)
(Answer key: 1 Law; 2 1857; 3 Stockbroker; 4 Michael; 5 Three; 6 Sailing;
7 Intelligent; 8 Science fiction; 9 Seventy-seven)
T: Let’s write the answers to the questions.
(1. Не studied law. 2. He married Honorine de Viane in1857. 3. He worked as a stockbroker. 4. His son's name was Michael. 5. He had 3 boats. 6. His hobby was sailing. 7. He was intelligent. 8. He wrote science fiction stories. 9. He was 77 when he died.)
T: Но нельзя всё время писать он, нужно заменять он на имя или фамилию.
T: In what paragraphs will you include these sentences? (2; 3) It is the main body.
T: The information for the introduction and the conclusion you have already written.
VII. Домашняя работа.
T: Write a short biography of Jules Verne (120 -150 words). Use the sentences about Jules Vern, the information about his books and the plan. You can use the article about Conan Doyle as a model. (12 слайд)
(9. Рефлексия деятельности (итог урока)
T: What did we do at the lesson? (We read, answered the questions, spoke about Arthur Conan Doyle and Jules Verne)
T: What did we learn? (Some new words and facts about famous people).
T: Do you understand how to write a biography? (Yes)
T: Какую задачу ставили? (Научиться писать биографию известного человека)
T: Удалось решить поставленную задачу? (Да)
T: Каким способом? (Используя план, ответы на вопросы о Жуль Верне и биографию Конан Дойля)
T: Какие получили результаты? (Знаем, что писать в биографии)
T: Что нужно сделать ещё? (Написать самостоятельно)
A: Good evening and welcome to "Famous Lives". With us in the studio is James
Hargreaves. Mr Hargreaves, welcome to the programme.
B: Thank you, Tony. And please, call me James.
A: Alright, James. Now, what can you tell us about Jules Verne?
B: Well, Jules Gabriel Verne was a great author. He was born in 1828 in Nantes, France, and his many wonderful books, including "A Journey to the Centre of the Earth", "Around the World in Eighty Days" and "From Earth to the Moon", are still famous today.
A: Yes, that's true. And what about Verne's earlier career?
B: Ah, well. He studied Law in Paris. His parents wanted him to be a lawyer. But Verne beg writing instead, and in 1862 he published his first novel "Five Weeks in a Balloon". It soon became very successful.
A: I see. That's interesting. Could you tell us a little about Verne’s personal life?
B: Of course. He got married in 1857 to a very wealthy woman named Honorine de Viane. Verne became a stockbroker, but he kept writing. Four years later, he and Honorine had a son, Michel.
A: Hmm. Did Verne have any hobbies?
B: Oh yes. Jules Verne was a world traveller. He had three boats and he loved sailing.
A: So he was quite an adventurer.
B: Yes, he was. But I think the most important thing about Jules Verne was that he was a very intelligent man. His fantastic stories predicted many future events and inventions. Verne is known as the grandfather of science fiction.
A: Yes, you're right. I suppose the sad thing is that he didn't live long enough see all those predictions come true.
B: Hmm, yes. He died in 1905 in Amiens, France, but he was an old man 77 years old — and he had a full and rewarding life.
A: James Hargreaves, thank you for joining us on "Famous Lives".
B: It was my pleasure.
I. Virginia Evans, Neil O’Sullivan .Click On 2. Student’s Book. - Newbury: Express Publishing, 2001.
II. Virginia Evans, Neil O’Sullivan. Click On 2.Teacher’s Book”. - Newbury: Express Publishing, 2001.
III. Е. В. Дзюина. Поурочные разработки по английскому языку к УМК М.З.
Биболетовой и др. Enjoy English 5 – 6 классы. – Москва: BAKO, 2008.
Использованные Интернет ресурсы:
1) http://www.ash-tree.bc.ca/images/acdsgatesport.jpg – фото А. Конан Дойла.
– фото Марка Твена.
фото Чарли Чаплина.
4) http://prowriterslab.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/daniel-defo.jpg – фото Даниэля Дефо.
5) http://school.xvatit.com/images/7/77/T38jv.jpeg – фото Жуля Верна.
6)http://cdn.fishki.net/upload/post/201412/19/1356631/ff10196527c9cdc69ecc381573488f00.jpg - фото Маргарет Тэтчер
7) http://nn.by/img/w1500d4/photos/z_2014_02/tolkien.jpg - фото Толкиена
8) http://thumbs.media.smithsonianmag.com/filer/e4/f7/e4f7fca6-0410-43d9-89bd-819e4a708417/3.jpg__1072x0_q85_upscale.jpg фото У. Черчилля